Tudor Submariner Ref 7928 Gilt Minute Track
The Devil is in the Detail…
The 7928 is the de facto Tudor no date Submariner. First introduced in 1959 it had a decade-long run in the Tudor line up and was worn by both the French and US Navies during the 1960s and beyond. This is a really great example of the classic silver print dial version, with the nice touch of the gilt minute track on the outer edge of the dial. The lume has gently aged on the hour plots and nicely matches the hands. The case remains incredibly strong in all areas !The caseback is incorrectly stamped ‘VI 66’ instead of ‘IV 66’ – we like to believe that this was a humorous prank by an employee or an honest mistake?! The bezel insert is in beautiful all-black original condition. The watch is fitted with a reference 6636 stretch rivet Oyster bracelet with a clasp stamped ‘67’ and reference 80 endlinks.
One of the nicests 7928s we have seen the last couple of years! The Tudor cal 390 movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 7928
- Serial 568xxx dating to the end of 1966
- Silver print dial with gilt minute track
- Lovely black insert
- Stretch rivet Rolex Oyster bracelet ref 6636 with ref 80 endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- 1 year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade single leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping