Rolex Turn-O-Graph Gilt Dial 6202
The Daddy of the Rolex Sports Line
The reference 6202 is something of an icon in vintage Rolex and is considered to be the Pre-Submariner and earliest watch in the important lineage of rotating-bezel Rolex sports watches. This example remains in very original condition with the original gilt dial with radium on the luminous hour markers.
Early submariners as well these Turn-o Graphs have the greenish lume at 6 oclock.
Some think this was done to let divers know were the upper and down part of the watch is located under water- we beg to differ since a 6202 was never marked as a dive watch!
We feel it justs adds to the cool history of these pieces! The case is superb and remains strong ( with the infamous Brevettte engravinging between the lugs )all round. When we say original, this stunning and important Rolex has all the important original parts including the bezel and brevet winding crown with ‘+’ marking and most importantly the original red-triangle bezel insert. The caseback is stamped ‘1 54’. The riveted Oyster bracelet reference 7206 has a clasp stamped ‘1 66’ and is in very fine condition and features the correct 80 endlinks. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker. This is a very cool watch – you need this on your wrist!
- Reference 6202
- Case size 36 mm
- Serial 950xx dating to 1954
- Original gilt dial with cool patina
- Original rare rotating bezel
- Original red-triangle bezel insert
- Original ‘+’ Brevet winding crown
- Oyster rivet bracelet ref 7206 with 80 endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- 1 year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade single leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping