Rolex Submariner Date 1680 Mk1 Dial
The racoon Sub Date…
This 1680 is a very beautiful example with a great case that has strong lugs and crown guards. The Mk1 matte is perfect – really a 10/10 example with a gentle patina to the hour plots and hands, which are a nice match. The inlay has naturally faded to a dark grey, almost gun metal colour that we love. The pearl is a non rolex item/aftermarket.
The watch features an (German) inscription on the caseback that translates to: “For my big love, Your Racoon - Ingrid 25.2.1977”. It makes us wonder who Ingrid was and where she is now! The inscription could easily be polished out, but we love this unique element of the watch and see it as part of the Sub’s past life. The solid link Oyster bracelet, reference 93150, is in very good condition with a clasp stamped ‘N 4’ and 501b endlinks. This great looking 1680 is accompanied by both inner and outer boxes, a hangtag and the passport/document wallet holder. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Submariner Date Reference 1680
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 420xxxx dating to 1976
- Mk1 matte black Submariner Date dial
- Faded to grey bezel insert
- Oyster bracelet 93150 with 501 endlinks
- Inner and outer boxes, hangtag and passport holder
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping