The first official Maxi dial was Kermit…
The Submariner was unveiled in 1953 and to celebrate the iconic dive watch’s 50th anniversary, Rolex released the 16610LV in 2003.
The ‘LV’ (or Lunette Verde )has a green bezel and a glossy dial with oversized hour markers and slightly thicker hands that Rolex termed the Maxi dial.
This was the first time the brand used the term officially, although collectors had been using the term Maxi for some 70s matte dialed Subs for many years before! The case and dial both remain in really great condition.
The green bezel insert is also in excellent condition with no heavy scratches or marks. The solid link Oyster bracelet, ref 93250, is in nice condition and has a clasp stamped ‘OP 8’ and is fitted with solid endlinks. The watch has been fully checked and regulated by our watchmaker.
- Reference 16610LV
- 40mm steel no-lug-holes case
- Serial D96xxxx dating to 2005
- Black glossy dial with Maxi markers
- Green bezel insert
- Oyster bracelet 93250 with solid endlinks
- Fully checked by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping