You’ll never feel guilty wearing this gilty…
This Submariner is a stunning example of a rare and highly desirable gilt dial Rolex sports watch.
This 5513 No Date Sub features an all-original gloss gilt dial with cool banana yellow-coloured hour makers and the original gilt hands. These early black dialed watches from Rolex feature, what collectors refer to as, gilt dials. The gilt dials feature a glossy finish like a black mirror. The text and outer minute markers on these dials are a gold hue – hence the term gilt.
The colour is actually the brass dial base showing through, as the dials were printed with the text ‘in relief’. The case is still strong all round, with good even lugs and crown guards. The insert has faded to an aubergine purple that looks killer on this classy vintage No Date Sub. The rivet link Oyster bracelet, reference 7206, is in great condition with minimal stretch with a clasp stamped ‘2 69’ and 80 endlinks. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 5513
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 141xxxx dating to 1966
- Amazing glossy gilt dial with banana yellow patina
- Faded to aubergine insert
- Rivet link Oyster bracelet 7206 with 80 endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping