Rolex Submariner 5512 Meters-First Matte Dial
The meticulous matte 12…
We are delighted to offer this very rare 5512 with stunning matte dial. The 5512 was the chronometer-rated brother of the 5513, both no date Submariners in the Rolex family.
This example dates to 1967 and features a four-line matte dial in really stunningly good condition, which is rare for these dials!! The zinc sulfide hour markers and hands have no corrosion and have turned a pleasing dark cream colour. The case is good and strong in all areas. The fat font bezel has faded to a cool navy-blue hue that really pops in the sunlight. The caseback has a light inscription("David Kim"), which would easily polish out, but we like it as part of the Sub’s story!
The reference 9315 folded-link Oyster bracelet is in excellent condition, has the rare mis-spelt ‘PATETED’ diver extension link and 380b endlinks. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 5512
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 161xxxx dating to 1967
- Perfect matte four-line dial
- Fat font faded to navy blue insert
- Folded Oyster bracelet reference 9315 with 380b endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping