The rarest of kisses…
We keep saying it , finding really great vintage is getting harder and yet investing in these pieces makes a lot of sense in the current market. The Red Sub is an important piece for vintage Rolex fans, seen as a key piece in a serious collection.
This example, however, is truly double-barreled with an incredible faded Kissing 40 bezel insert and a killer Mk4 Red dial, with crisp red text and very nice off-white lume on the hour plots.
The hands are a nice match with the hours too.
The star if this show is the bezel insert. It’s amazing with a faded to gun metal blue hue and the desirable Kissing 40, where the four and the zero are touching or kissing!
The case is strong with even lugs and the crown guards. The solid link Oyster bracelet, ref 93150, is in excellent condition and has reference 580 endlinks and a clasp stamped ‘CP 12’. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 1680
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 267xxxx dating to 1971
- Mk4 matte Red Submariner dial
- Incredible faded Kissing 40 bezel insert
- Oyster bracelet 93150 with 580 endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping