No lume numbers on this Explorer…
The Rolex Explorer has been a staple of the Rolex sports watch collection since the 1950s. In the early 1990s Rolex introduced the sapphire glass 14270 Explorer with applied 3-6-9 numerals, where before they had always been painted.
There were some early very rare examples that had black enamel filled numerals instead of regular luminous material. The experiment was short-lived and the watches were changed to have lume in the applied Arabic numbers, a rare watch ..
The 36mm Oyster case is still in awesome condition and even has the green case back sticker intact! This is a very rare and desirable Rolex sports watch that is all about the details; isn’t that why we love collecting vintage Rolex?! The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 14270
- 36mm steel case
- Serial N12xxxx dating to 1991
- Rare ‘Black Out’ dial with black enamel filled numbers
- Calibre 3035 movement
- Oyster bracelet reference 78360
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping