The Last of the 36mm Explorers
Since the early 1950s, the Rolex Explorer has been a constant member of the sports watch family.
In the 1990s Rolex introduced the sapphire glass Explorer with applied 3-6-9 numerals, where before they had always been painted.
This example is of the last of the 36mm steel Explorers and has a sapphire glass, non-drilled lugs and features the last version of the dials, which were marked ‘SWISS MADE’ at 6 o’clock.
The watch remains in outstanding condition with a mint condition Oyster bracelet reference 78690, with a clasp stamped ‘OP 11’ and solid endlinks.
This lovely Explorer is accompanied by its original inner / outer boxes, papers that confirm the watch was sold in Hong Kong, Explorer booklet, wallet and hangtags, one of which has the serial number on it. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 114270
- Serial Z29xxxx dating to 2006
- 36mm steel case
- Inner and outer boxes, papers, wallet, booklet and hangtags
- Oyster bracelet reference 78690 with solid endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping