Rolex Explorer 1016 Gilt Tropical Dial
Chocolate on your wrist…
We are on a run this week, with some very special and investment grade vintage watches on offer.
The Explorer has been a constant in the Rolex catalogue ever since in was introduced in 1953. We are delighted to be offering a very special example of the Explorer in this reference 1016 from 1966.
The watch is stunning with a great case with hick and even lugs – just as you would expect from us. The dial is the real star of this vintage Rolex show, with a beautiful with a stunning chocolate tropical colour with all the lume intact. The hands also have the original lume making this watch a real find in unmolested condition. The watch comes with the original Oyster rivet bracelet, a reference 7206 fitted with the correct 58 endlinks with a clasp stamped ‘3 69’. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
Please check out our video about tropical watches here...
- Reference 1016
- 36mm steel case
- Serial 159xxxx dating to 1966
- Chocolate gilt tropical dial
- Oyster rivet bracelet reference 7206 with 58 endlinks
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping