Rare Rolex Datejust ref 6605 Black Gilt Dial with 'OFFICIAL TEST' Text
SCBOT text for rare testing lines…
We are delighted to be offering a rare and stunning yellow gold Ovettone Datejust. Ovettone is the Italian nickname given to these large cases from the 1950s that were extra deep due to automatic winding rotor and necessary large rounded casebacks. The watch has a dial version that we have never seen before on a Datejust (possible unique) and features the chronometer text: “SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER BY OFFICIAL TEST”. The dial is gilt, in great condition and featuring unusual heart-shaped hour markers and a gold frame around the date window.
The watch has the additional nice touch of still having the original yellow gold BREVET winding crown that features the prominent ‘+’. This is arguably one of the most collectible and rare Datejusts that we have offered and would be a super addition to any watch collection! The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker and will come on a Bulang and Sons leather strap.
- Reference 6605
- 36mm yellow gold case
- Serial 137xxx dating to 1955
- Yellow gold Ovettone Case
- Black gilt dial with rare markers and SCBOT text
- Original BREVET ‘+’ crown
- Comes on a leather strap
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- 1 year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade single leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping