The ‘Buckley’ dial Datejust is a cool watch that acquired its nickname after New York dealer John Buckley who collected these dials and shared them on the Vintage Rolex Forum (VRF).
The Buckley dial features painted black Roman hour markers and this 1601/3 is fitted with a beautiful white example with crisp black printing and complimentary black hands. These hands are later hands filled with luminova. Also the dial has been professionally relumed with luminova dots, matching the hands.
The case remains in great condition. The yellow gold bezel is well defined too.
The watch comes on the pictured Bulang and Sons leather strap , with steel Rolex buckle and the movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
We always keep a healthy stock of cool Datejusts – it’s something of a Bulang signature. Come and visit or give us a call and we will help you find your perfect one!
- Reference 16030
- 36mm steel case
- Serial 551xxxx dating to 1978
- White dial with painted black Roman numerals
- Black hands
- Comes on the pictured Bulang and Sons strap with Steel Rolex buckle
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping