Omega Speedmaster 105.003-65 Ed White Tropical Dial
When space is tropical…
This reference is the last of the straight lug Speedmasters and has a special historical significance, as it was the reference worn by Ed White. In 1965, during the Gemini 4 mission, Ed White became the first American to conduct a spacewalk. White opened the hatch and used the hand-held maneuvering oxygen-jet gun to push himself out of the capsule. The watch he was wearing was an Omega Speedmaster reference 105.003.
This watch is in cool original condition and the dial has developed a tropical hue in sunlight. The bezel is the original and very rare ‘dot over 90’ (DO90) that has some cool patina. This would make a great daily wearer Speedy! These Speedmasters are fitted with the legendary 321 movement and this one has been fully checked and regulated by our watchmaker.
- Reference 155.003-65
- 38mm steel case
- Straight lug no crown guard case
- Slight tropical dial with applied logo
- Original DO90 bezel
- Cal 321 movement
- Mvt Serial 2453xxxx dating to 1966
- Comes on the pictured Bulang and Sons strap
- Fully checked by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping