Leonidas Chronograph CP2 Italian Army Issued
The Pre-Heuer military chronograph…
This is a very rare and cool early military chronograph by Leonidas. Before they merged with Heuer, Leonidas produced a small batch of chronos that bore the Leonidas name. This particular example was issued to the Italian Army, as designated on the case back “E.I no 1001”, where EI stands for Esercito Italiano, which translates to the Italian Army. Powered by a Valjoux 222 flyback movement, the watch has two chrono counters and a bi-rotating bezel to measure elapsed time.
The watch has the correct four-screw caseback and remains in really good condition. The dials on the Leonidas watches were glossy, unlike the later matte Heuer examples, and this one remains in nice condition. The 12-hour bezel in is nice condition too – this really is a very sweet watch. The Valjoux movement has been fully serviced over by our watchmaker.
Read our article about the Heuer/Leonidas Bund watches here...
- Leonidas CP2 Chronograph with a Valjoux 222 flyback movement
- 43mm steel case with Italian army stock numbers on the caseback
- Issued to the Italian Army
- Dates to mid-1960s
- 60 min rotating outer bezel
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping