Known as the Master of Shapes, Cartier is revered for its incredible and interesting case designs.
The Tank Basculante is one of the older members of the Tank family, being unveiled by Cartier in 1933. This is the desirable mechanically wound example that dates to the early 2000s and features a modified Piaget movement in the steel case that measures 25x38mm.
The white guilloche dial features black Roman numerals and the ‘secret’ Cartier signature in the VII numeral. The blue cabochon at 12 o’clock is used to reverse the inner case of the watch through a 360-degree rotation, to protect the glass in a similar vein to the JLC Reverso.
The watch can also double as a table clock.
The watch will come on the pictured strap plus an additional Cartier folding clasp . The Piaget based movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker. We have been in love with these watches for a while and wrote a piece on them here.
We always keep a good selection of Cartier pieces in stock, so please get in touch to discuss which one would be best for you!
- Reference 2390
- Steel case 25x38mm
- Serial 573xxxx dating to the early 2000s
- White dial with hidden signature at “VII”
- Blue cabochon at 12 o’clock
- Comes on the pictured leather strap with steel Cartier clasp
- Manual wind Piaget movement
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping