Rolex Seadweller 16660 Matte Dial Box and Papers
An classic Italian matte diver…
In the early 1980s Rolex began using more robust sapphire crystals on their watches. Known as ‘transitional’ models, early example were fitted with matte dials – a lot like the dials in the plastic glass watches that had preceded them.
This examples retains with its original matte dial (many were replaced at service with glossy dials) off-white hour plots that are a good match with the hand lume. The bezel inlay is in great condition. The case is strong with thick lugs and crown guards.
This full collector set comprises the original punched papers (stating the watch was sold in Italy), two hangtags, wallet, booklets, calendar card, ref 2100 tool, spare links and the extra diver extension link. A proper full set! The solid link Oyster bracelet reference 93160 is in very good condition and has a clasp stamped ‘G’ and is fitted with solid endlinks reference 592. The watch has been fully checked by our watchmaker.
- Reference 16660 matte dial mk2
- 40mm steel case with helium escape valve
- Serial 811xxxx dating to 1983
- Beautiful condition matte dial
- Black bezel insert
- Solid link Oyster bracelet 93160 with correct 592 endlinks
- Punched papers, box, wallet, booklets, hangtags, tool and calendar
- Fully checked by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping