Rolex Submariner Date 16800 Matte Dial Faded Bezel Box and Papers
A collector set transitional Sub…
This transitional-era Submariner Date is fitted with its original matte dial. Collectors call these watches transitional as Rolex began using more robust sapphire crystals on their watches in the late 70s and early examples of these Submariner Dates were fitted with matte dials, like the dials used in the 60s and 70s. This dial has a pleasing vanilla patina on the hour plots.
We believe that the hand lume has been redone at some point in the watch’s life. The bezel inlay has faded over the years to a nice bluey-grey shade. The case is strong with thick and even lugs.
The watch comes with its original punched papers that state a 1985 sale, both boxes, three booklets and even the anchor. What a set! The solid link Oyster bracelet reference 93150 is in very good condition and has a clasp stamped ‘I 4’ and is fitted with reference 593 endlinks. The watch has been fully checked and regulated by our watchmaker.
- Reference 16800
- 40mm steel case
- Serial 847xxxx dating to 1984
- Rare matte dial
- Faded to blue bezel
- Inner and outer boxes, punched papers, booklets and anchor
- Solid link Oyster bracelet 93150 with correct 593 endlinks
- Fully checked by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping