Rolex King Midas Reference 3580
The original golden touch …
The King Midas was introduced in 1962 and was designed by Gerald Genta in the form of the Greek Pantheon, hence the peak on the left hand side and flowing bracelet design. Interestingly, the crown was placed on the left hand side to represent Midas, who turned anything to gold that he touched with his left hand. The watch has some serious heft, it cost a third more than a Day-date when launched, and the case remains completely unpolished. The minimalist champagne dial features “ΜΙΔAΣ” in the lower half simple hour and minute hands.
The name of the watch, KING MIDAS, is engraved on the left side of the case, one word each side of the crown. This is a very rare(..around 500 made!), unusual and undervalued Rolex in the current market. We know you will love it! The watch has a yellow gold integrated bezel with all the links still in place. The manual wind movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference 3580
- Yellow gold case with integrated bracelet
- Serial 404xxxx dating to late 1975
- Champagne dial
- Left handed winding crown
- Integrated yellow gold bracelet
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping