Cartier Tank Basculante Steel 2390
The Tank that’s head over heels…
The Tank Basculante is one of the older members of the Tank family, being unveiled by Cartier in 1933. This is the desirable mechanically wound example that dates to 2001 and features a modified Piaget movement in the steel case that measures 25x38mm.
The white guilloche dial features black Roman numerals and the ‘secret’ Cartier signature in the VII numeral. The blue cabochon at 12 o’clock is used to reverse the inner case of the watch through a 360-degree rotation, to protect the glass in a similar vein to the JLC Reverso.
The watch can also double as a table clock. The watch will come on the pictured leather Cartier strap that has the original Cartier steel buckle and the movement has been fully serviced by our watchmaker. We have been in love with these watches for a while and wrote a piece on them here.
Check out what Bernhard Bulang loves about it in the article.
- Reference 2390
- Steel case 25x38mm
- Serial 748xxxx dating to 2001
- White dial with hidden signature at “VII”
- Blue cabochon at 12 o’clock
- Comes on the pictured Cartier strap with original Cartier buckle
- Manual wind Piaget movement
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping