Longines 5699 Sommatore Steel Chronograph 13ZN Calibre
An Important Watch – An Important Owner – An Important Story
The Longines Sommatore is one of the most desirable steel chronographs ever made. And this one is more than just a watch – its original owner was a fascinating man who lived an amazing life. Read all about him here. This was a big watch for era, with a 39.5mm case and features four central hands – minutes and hours plus centre minutes (red) and 1/5th seconds chronograph hands. The dial has two sub dials – a running seconds on the left and chronograph hours counter on the right side. The case is waterproof thanks to the ‘6 tacche’ screw down case back. The dial features painted luminous Arabic numeral hour markers and matching lume-filled central hour and minute hands. The whole watch remains in stunning condition and we love it…its simply stunning on the wrist and we are excited for this watch to commence the next chapter of its journey with one of you! This 5699 comes with an extract from the Longines archive, plus copies of original documents and photographs related to the original owner. The watch has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Longines 5699 Sommatore Chronograph
- Serial 230xxxxx
- Dates to 1945-47
- Steel case with screw case back and round pushers
- Original dial with dual scales
- Calibre 13ZN movement
- Longines Certificate of origin and Authenticity stating a Delivery in 1952 to the U.S.A.
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- 1 year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch