Jaeger le Coultre Memovox Black Dial Ref E855
Rare in black and very alarming…
This is a beautiful and rare example of the iconic Memovox alarm watch by Jaeger Le Coultre. The word ‘Memovox’ was invented by Jaeger Le Coultre and is actually an amalgamation of two latin words. Memor, which means remembering and Vox, which means voice. The steel case measures 38mm and is in really great conditiom and has two original JLC-signed crowns.
The rare black dial is in beautiful original condition, with a glossy black outer dial and matte inner dial. The applied logo is at 12 o’clock and there is a date window at three. Most ref E855s that are on the market have silver dials and so it is rare to see one in black !The lume in the hands is a shade lighter than the dial, but we believe them to be original to the watch. This Memovox comes on the original black leather JLC strap with steel JLC pin buckle and has been fully serviced by our watchmaker.
- Reference E855
- 38mm steel compressor case
- Dates to the early 1960s
- Serial 114xxxx
- Black gloss and matte dial
- ‘Hammer’ alarm system
- Original ‘JLC’ winding crowns
- Original JLC leather strap and steel buckle
- Fully serviced by our watchmaker
- One-year mechanical warranty
- Includes a handmade leather watch pouch
- Free worldwide Fedex Priority shipping